The following information is needed in order to draft and process a Colorado QDRO:
1. Summary Plan Description (commonly called "SPD"), from the employer (I can get that);
2. Divorce separation agreement, mediated memorandum of understanding, or judge's permanent orders (I need just the first page and the page that addresses the retirement plan);
3. Divorce decree (to show the date of the Decree and whether wife changed her last name);
4. Retirement Plan account statement, showing the participant's name, address, and account number (it does not have to be a current statement);
5. Our 1 page flat fee agreement;
6. Additional information (see the "information needed" form at the link below):
a. full name, address, day-time phone number, date-of-birth, and social security number for both former spouses;
b. date of marriage; and
c. contact information for the employer's retirement plan representative, such as the human resources department.
Please download and complete the PDF file of the information needed form.
Also sometimes a plan release form is needed. The release may be needed if additional information is needed from your employer or plan sponsor.
If you can't get some of this information, I can usually still get the QDRO done.